Donate Life Run/Walk
In August of 2013, we lost a wonderful friend to brain trauma. Karly was full of enthusiasm for life and that didn't end when she died. She continues that enthusiasm through organ donation and has blessed countless individuals with her gift. We have been touched by others and their gifts as well. In 1999, my nephew Zachary became a donor upon his death, also touching countless lives. And in January of 2013, Steel underwent an ACL repair surgery that used a donated ligament to repair his damaged knee, returning him to full mobility after his football injury.
Leroy, Sierra and I will be participating in Donate Life Run/Walk on September 27th. This event will help raise funds and awareness for organ and tissue donation and is sponsored by the California Transplant Donor Network. We'll be walking in honor of Karly with Team #karlynetwork. Those who are interested in making a financial contribution to our efforts can do so by clicking here. Please pray for all those touched by organ donation including donors, recipients, their families and friends. We are so grateful for the sacrifices of others and we want to bring attention to this self-less gift. Please consider registering as an organ and/or tissue donor.
- Currently there are over 110, 000 people waiting for an organ transplant
- Every 13 minutes, a name is added to the transplant waiting list
- Be sure to share your wishes to be a donor with your family and friends
- 17 people die each day waiting for a life-saving transplant
- You are able to save and enhance up to 50 lives through organ and tissue donation
For more information on registering as an organ donor, please visit: DonateLifeCalifornia.org -- There are so many waiting for the gift of life.